I’ve Entered My Items…Now What?
Way to go! You got everything entered so you’re ready to tag and get your items ready for drop-off. Here are some of the supplies you’ll need to get your items ready to consign:
- Cardstock – You can print your tags on any printer except a home laser printer. The ink chips off of the tag from those. You’ll need WHITE 60, 65, 67 or 110lb. cardstock. You can get it easily at any office supply store. Alternatively, you can save your tag PDF to a jump drive and have them printed at an office supply store. It’s fairly inexpensive and the bar-codes always come out straight and neat.
- Hangers – Any kind of hanger will do but wire hangers are the best. It’s easiest to get safety pins around them so your clothing stays looking nice on the hanger. For infant and toddler clothing, child-sized hangers work well. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on where to get child-sized wire hangers.
- Tape – Packing tape (for attaching baggies with small parts to a larger item) and Painter’s tape (great for books) are the kinds you’ll use the most often.
- Safety pins – You’ll need a lot of these for pinning tags onto clothing and attaching clothing to the hanger so it doesn’t slide off.
- Plastic wrap – This is GREAT for wrapping around those wooden and cardboard puzzles so the pieces stay in place. See our Puzzles and Games post.
- Zip-ties – These are a consignor’s best friend! You can use them to attach a tag to shoes or a baggie with small parts to a larger item. They’re also great for keeping large parts attached to each other so that they don’t get separated.
So, make a run to the store for a few supplies and get to tagging!